Social Media Strategy for Musicians
Class Coming Soon
1. Your Social Media Strategy – You know what Social Media is and how to use the basics but it’s time to put a strategy into place around the most effective social media sites & tools for you.
2. Facebook & Facebook Fan, Album & Music Pages – Learn the best strategies apps and plug-ins for making the ever-changing Facebook a powerful fan-building machine and a showcase for your music, list building and videos.
3. Twitter – Many are on Twitter but there is much room for improvement. Find out how to use Twitter more effectively and find new fans to follow and engage with you.
4. YouTube – We will have you amassing fans and attention on the 2nd largest search engine in the world. Garnering more subscribers & fans doesn’t mean you have to make new videos.
Week 5 – Your Newsletter & Building Your Mailing List – Learn how to write captivating content and distribute newsletters that build trust and loyalty, whether you are on or off the road. An effective newsletter strategy will result in higher sales.
6. Your Website & Blog – Learn to optimize and monetize your website more effectively. Learn the easiest blogging platforms and how to blog without wasting huge amounts of time or causing yourself stress.
7. Mobile Strategy & Tools – The biggest prediction for 2012 is that fans are going mobile. Learn how to affordably integrate mobile tools into your strategy and use them effectively.
8. Streaming Media: Spotify, Rdio, Bandcamp & Last FM Tie Into Social Media – Learn how the most buzzed about platforms, Rdio and Spotify, can help independent artists.
9. Fan Funding & Creating Continuum Programs – The internet is a powerful way to raise money for projects and get your fans to fund endeavors, attend VIP events and participate in special opportunities with you. Many artists complain that they feel like carnival barkers when approaching fan funding. Find out how to create a program that will get you paid and keep your self-esteem intact.
* I own Kangaroo: Consulting / Promotions / Booking.
* I created The Ardent Music Blog: The Blog By Musicians.
* I was the new media consultant and social media manager for Ardent Studios and the Ardent Music record label from February 2007 until July 2012.
* I hosted and produced the Ardent Sessions, Ardent Presents and The Warm Up podcasts.
* I was the managing editor for The Vinyl District – Memphis from 2010 until 2012.
* Back in 2004 I created one of the very first widely read MP3 Blogs – Scenestars.net. It has been written about in Spin, Rolling Stone, The Wall Street Journal and the Commercial Appeal. I retired it in 2008.
* From the spring of 2005 until the winter of 2006 I was a music writer for The Commercial Appeal with my own weekly column called On the Record.
* I was the Memphis Flyer’s Reader’s Choice Winner for Best Blog in 2005, 2006, and 2007 for Rachelandthecity.com. When I started working with Ardent, I retired the blog and started a tumblr.
* From 2007 until 2009 I hosted a variety of internet radio shows on Breakthruradio.com, including 10 Degrees of Memphis, The Bloggerratti, and On the Road with Rachelandthecity.
* I curated and produced the Six Degrees of Memphis SXSW Showcase in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
* Fun Fact: I helped Dakota Fanning plan a surprise birthday party for Steven Spielberg.
Specialties: New ideas!